Saturday, November 22, 2014

Chapter 13


The Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) is responsible for administering the Department’s programs that provide financial and other forms of assistance to Veterans, their dependents, and survivors. Major benefits include Veterans’ compensation, Veterans’ pension, survivors’ benefits, rehabilitation and employment assistance, education assistance, home loan guaranties, and life insurance coverage. I think this agency is important, because I think it is important for the people, who risked their life for our country, to be taken care of after their service. I could not find any agency that could be terminated with the least impact, because they all seem to have an important mission. I would create an agency that aids in self-help for depression and mental illnesses. I think depression and mental illness has become a huge issue in the United States. People want to blame the gun for killing innocent people, when it is actually the person behind the gun that is suffering from severe depression or a mental illness. These issues are being taken too lightly, and something needs to be done.

I commented on the blogs of Robert Johnson, Mathew Cooper, and Sarah Ham.

3 comments:

  1. I agree that the department of Veterans affairs is important. Is it the most important, maybe not, but our government owes our veterans the care that they deserve for defending our nation. I also agree that none of the federal agencies could be terminated. They all serve a very important purpose. I never thought of having an agency specifically for mental illness.Issues with that have really come to light lately, people aren't getting the help that they need and bad things are happening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely feel the VBA I very important. In some of my last blogs I mentioned my papaw not getting the compensation he deserved as a veteran. With the help of this agency he received the compensation he deserved. I certainly think veterans deserve much more respect and entitlement then what they actually receive. I also agree that there should be an agency for the help of depressed and the mentally ill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make some really good points in this blog. All agencies are for sure important and I don't feel that we could afford to loose any of them. I do agree that there should be an agency to help the depressed and mentally ill. I didn't think about creating a new agency I just wish the agencies that are created would do what they are put in place to do.

    ReplyDelete