The National Organization for Women Foundation (“NOW Foundation”) is a 501(c) (3) organization devoted to achieving full equality for women through education and litigation, which I associate positively with. What I find persuasive about their position is that they fight for all women’s rights; they fight for the rights of gay women as well. I think that in this day in age, it is important for groups like this not to exclude gay couples, because they deserve the same rights too. Aside from that, they fight for right of women to be equal to men, and they focus on a broad range of women’s rights issues, including economic justice, pay equity, racial discrimination, women’s health and body image, women with disabilities, reproductive rights and justice, family law, representation of women in the media, and global feminist issues.
I think some interest groups have too much power in the political system. I do not think there is a fine line balance between freedom of speech and keeping unfair persuasion out of government, because I believe groups have the right to say whatever they want to say. Figuratively speaking, if they project their voice loud enough, then they will be heard, so the groups that seem to have unfair persuasion just project their voice.
I commented on the blogs of Katelyn Dozier, Mathew Cooper, and Robert Johnson.
I liked the International Brotherhood of Teamsters as well. I have always been fascinated with them and Jimmy Hoffa's disappearance. I was a long haul truck driver for four years moving furniture. I loved the job and the different places that I got to travel. I worked hard on the truck, like a man. It taught me how to take care of myself indeed. I still believe woman are treated different. I like this one that you chose as well. I found N.E.A. was for children and education.
ReplyDelete