I identify most with the Democratic Party, because I
believe that people have the right to make their own choices, free of
government interaction. I read the party platform, and I could not find
anything with which I disagreed. I suppose this is why I identify with the
Democratic Party; I cannot find anything in the platform that I am opposed to.
I do not think political parties are a necessity,
but I look at it as labeling different point of views. I think that if
political parties did not exist, that government and politics would still
operate the same way as it does now. People who believe in the ability of
others to make their own choices free of government interaction are given the
label Democrats; People who want the government to uphold traditional
moralities are labeled Republicans. People will have similar views or agree
with the candidates’ views, so I feel that political parties are just giving
people with similar views a label.
I researched and found that I agree with views of
the Independence Party. I also found out that Governor Jesse Ventura created
the party after leaving the Reform Party in 2000. The views of the Independence Party is for campaign
refinance and is pro-choice, pro-gay rights, pro-medical marijuana, pro-gun
rights and fiscally moderate. The Independence Party consists of separately
organized state affiliates in Florida, Illinois and Minnesota with no central
national leadership. The reason I identify most with them is because of their belief
in the right of the people to make their own choices.
I commented on the blogs of Katelyn Dozier, Mathew Cooper, and Robert Johnson.
I found I also associate my views with that of the Independence Party. I like that they make their own views as opposed to going with the crowd. I too like the fact they make their own choices.
ReplyDelete