I think media objectivity does still exist,but with the
exception of some news casters. I think the majority the media sticks to what needs to be
reported and not what they want to report. I think the reporters on CNN express their opinions too much on
issues, even though they present the hard facts beforehand. I think most news casters like CBS and NBC,
for the most part keep opinions out of their reporting.
I do not listen to
talk shows, but even if I did, I do not think it would change my views and
opinions. I take the hard facts and form my own opinions. Talk shows usually
just tell their opinions without any facts to go along with them. I have always
thought that opinions do not carry truth, they carry what they want to carry,
and nothing I have experienced has proven that wrong. But, that is my opinion.
I
think media objectivity is very important. People do not want opinions; they
want the facts, so they can form their own opinions. If the media just reported
their opinions, then there would essentially be nothing to report or no reason
to watch, because there would be no evidence to back up or disprove their opinions.
I commented on the blogs of Katelyn Dozier, Nikki Stair, and Mathew Cooper.
I definitely agree media objectivity is important. America needs the facts. If the news media just reported their own personal bias, nobody would watch it. Anybody can make a show about their own personal bias, in fact some people do. America needs to face the truth, whether it be good or bad.
ReplyDelete