I think the government
does too little to reduce the instances of racial discrimination. Sure, the
government has made laws regarding racial discrimination, but it still happens.
People are still discriminated when it comes to jobs; although people may get
an interview, they may not get the job, because of racial issues. I also think
the government does too little for reduce the instances of gender
discrimination, even though they have made laws. You can tell, because some jobs
have a more dominance of male employees and other jobs have a more dominance of
female employees. This could be because some workplaces think one gender could
do the job better, but women can do the same work as men and men can do the
same work as women. For sexual orientation, I do not think there is too much of
an issue on workplace discrimination, but I do think the government could do
more to let gays have the same rights as everyone else. I am a Christian, but I believe they should have the right to marriage. It is their life, what
they do in their life will not affect anyone else’s life.
I commented on the blogs of Robert Johnson, Mathew Cooper, and Katelyn Dozier.
I think you bring up a great point about people who go to a job interview and may not get it because of someone's own personal bias. And a lot of jobs would hire males first mostly because some people think women can't do as much as men which isn't true but yet again, It's based on someone's own personal bias. I agree, no matter what someone's sexual orientation is, they are still Americans and deserve to have the same rights as others.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you on the race issue. They have made laws but it still happens.I agree with you on the job issue to a extent, but discrimination still happens today over sex in the workplace. I think on the sexual orientation that is their decision. It is their lives.
ReplyDelete