Friday, September 19, 2014

Chapter 4 Blog


Freedom of speech is very important, and it does not go too far. All areas of freedom of speech should be protected. People should be able to say whatever they want whenever they want. People should not be disciplined for speaking their opinions. They know what they say and should be willing and probably are willing to accept the outcomes, negative or positive.

Separation of church and state is necessary. Government is government, and church is church; the two should not have to be combined. Government has a main job, protect the rights of the people and do not infringe their rights with laws. Church has a main job, worship a higher being. Neither of those is similar in any way.

Defendant’s rights should be crucial to our system of government, and I disagree that defendants have too many rights. Defendant’s right should be crucial, because even though they have commit a crime, not matter how bad the crime, they are still entitled to the same rights as everyone else. Saying that a defendant has “too many rights” is like saying the citizens of the United States have too many rights. Just because they have committed a crime does not mean they are any less of a person.

I commented on the blogs of Robert Johnson, Mathew Cooper, and Donna Fox.

5 comments:

  1. well put i agree. i like your comment on defendants and just because a person has committed crime they are stiil entitled to due proceess and justice. like you say all areas of freedom of speech should be proyected

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robert DeVaney
    Yes, I definitely agree with you. The defendant should have all the rights of any other normal person. They should not be stripped of those just because of a crime. We should be dedicated to a fair and equal opportunity for everyone and all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree to some extent to what you said about freedom of speech. I also think hate words, fighting words, etc. should be checked. i really don't believe in that at all. I think people should have a choice in what they believe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree people should be willing to except the consequences of what they say, be it negative or positive. I also agree that church has one main job and that's to teach the bible. I believe many people forget how we got here in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with most of have posted, however, I do not agree that it is okay for people to say what they want regardless of what the consequences are. If this is land of the free, then if you say something I do not appreciate, I should be "free" to handle it as I please, whether it be a fist or harsh language, or on the other end of the spectrum, to pray for you. Which is not the case.

    ReplyDelete