The United States
Constitution is stronger than the Articles of Confederation, because the
Constitution creates and imposes new rules that the Articles of Confederation
did not. Under the Articles of Confederation: Congress could request states to
pay taxes, there were no federal courts, there was no regulation of trade,
there was no executive branch, and Congress could not raise an army. Whereas
under the United States Constitution: Congress has the right to levy taxes,
there is a federal court system, Congress can regulate trade between states, there
is an executive branch, and Congress can raise an army. If the country still
operated under the Articles of Confederation, the United States would have had
no national security, therefore other countries could have invaded the U.S and
ceased the existence of the world we know today.
From reading the first
three articles of the Constitution, something I learn that I did not already
know is that the Vice- President is the leader of the senate.
The Supreme Court
ruling in Marbury v. Madison is very important, because it established judicial
review, which gave the Supreme Court power to eliminate Congress’s actions that
conflicted with the Constitution.
The United States
government today is more like what the Federalists envisioned. When the
Constitution was written, the Bill of Rights was the only thing the
Antifederalists wanted that was included in the Constitution, and the
Federalists only included the Bill of Rights to try and get the Antifederalists
to agree to ratify the Constitution. The government today is still how the Federalists
wanted it to be set up, and their Constitution is still the supreme law of the
land.
I find it interesting that the President is in control of pretty much everything except the Senate which has our Vice President as their leader. I agree with you that the Constitution is stronger than the Articles of Confederation because the Constitution is able to create and enforce new rules that the Articles of Confederation did not have.
ReplyDeleteI think the Constitution and the Bill of Rights were both important. I think these changes were great ones, but today's world I believe is suffering dearly. I am not sure who to blame I just know it is happening.
ReplyDelete